Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Hey bass players...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member thor16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2004
    Posts
    994
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    What are some good books (for a real beginner) with standard notation and tab? I'm looking to start playing some actual songs.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member DARTH POOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2004
    Posts
    3,327
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would recommend checking with your music dealer to find out the latest. (If you have a 'Guitar Center' near you so much the better) I recommend "Bass Player" magazine. They always have columns with 'tricks of the trade' as it were. That's about all I can offer. I learned bass, as I'm a guitar player and we couldn't find
    a decent bass player to save our lives in this one band I played in. I now happily play both.
    Learning bass made me a much better guitarist which was an added bonus [img]biggrin.gif[/img] There are some decent videos out there too by folks like Stuart Hamm (Joe Satriani band) and Flea. Again those tapes can really help with tecnique and such.
    (Hamm is amazing)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member thor16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2004
    Posts
    994
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    k, thanks pooh

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hal Leonard books are good for beginners too.

    and yeah, Hamm is a friggin' monster on the bass.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •